Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 15, 2010

Home Stretch

I'm about a month in to my final quarter for completing my library media certification, as well as nearing the end of my 3rd year as a probationary teacher in Minneapolis (which means if all goes well I'll have tenure after this year. . . actually when I receive my contract for the 10-11 school year). A big part of that is journalling and reflecting on my experience, which will explain the sudden jump in blog posts starting now. My elementary internship will take place at my own school, under myself (which might seem weird but I do have a lot to learn from myself). I tend to have a running dialogue in my brain throughout the day, which, yes, often becomes outside of my brain in the form of talking to myself. So I am not much daunted by the idea of reflecting. I am more daunted about finding 3 solid weeks (120 hours) in which to complete my self-internship. If I were smart I'd wait until April, but it would be nice to be done sooner rather than later, as I'm already a bit shocked that March is only 2 weeks away. 

So, in other words, I'm officially starting my elementary internship with this post. I should have started last week, there was a lot going on. But it was sort of a practice week, in a way, I upped that mental dialogue and discovered a lingering cynical aftertaste that bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment